Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dela with Bill

Today I headed over to Dela with Bill Spencer (from Moraga), who had been wanting to play that course for a long time. I left work a little early, having completed my hours for the week and so we arrived at 12:30 or so. It was a nice sunny day, not too hot, and we warmed up for a it and then headed out.

I started off with a bogey and it went downhill from there! While I had a great time and enjoyed playing the course, I shot my worst score ever. I just seemed out of sorts and unable to put good shots together. I made some nice long putts and even had a few birdies, but they were offset with a host of VERY large numbers (i.e. and 8, and 7 and a few 6's). Bill beat me by a few strokes, and for someone who has played the course as much as I have to be beaten by someone playing there first or second time at the course was disappointing.

It was still nice to play and I saw Marty there and he gave me a Star plastic Classic Roc from the Master's Cup tournament for volunteering to help out, which was nice of him. He had been saying that he "had something for me..." for a long time and it was great to finally see what it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home