Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Best at Santa Cruz

I shot my best round ever at Santa Cruz (+10)! It was a very nice day, not too hot or cold. I warmed up a little and seemed to be putting better, so off I went. I hooked up with Jason (a local AM1 player) and made par on the first hole (which was good as I have been starting off with bogey or worse lately on one). I played the first 4 well, as my up shots seemed to be on after practicing them yesterday. I had a great tee shot on #5 and was a drop-in birdie. On #6, I was saved by my upshot and then my play was a little off from #7-#9 as I bogeyed each hole. I parred #10 and #11 (my nemesis) on a three great shots (as the pin was way in back left).

On #12, which was in a new position and far left, I had a ton of tree trouble and ended up with a six. If I could have just shot par or bogey my score would have been even better than (+10)... oh well. I almost hit chains on #17 down the hill, but missed the 20' putt coming back - rats! After that I seemed to hang on and just play steady golf and parred the remaining. The one exception was an awesome putt on hole #24, where I had to putt under a tree and made it from a good 15' to 20' feet. A pretty good afternoon of golf, if I say so myself.

As I left, I got a new shammy (for cleaning dust off your discs) from the van and headed to the BBQ at Aaron and Pam's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home