Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Friday, August 04, 2006

Dela Round

I took advantage of one of my last free days to head down to Santa Cruz and play Dela - and as you can see it was a glorious day to do it! I played with a local named Brian, whom I had played with before and does not use any run-up on his shots. He is a super nice guy and was giving me pointers on hole routes and we shared stories about the Master's Cup and other rounds.

I started off strong and almost had an ACE on hole #3 (see picture below) - my high turn-over shot flew well into the trees and fell and just missed falling into the basket. As it was it ended up 4 ft. past the basket.

Unfortunately I kind of lost my rhythm mid-way through the round and so ended up shooting a 16 over. The good news was that ALL the holes are back open and so I got another chance to play I-5 and holes 13-16, which have been closed for longer than I have been playing. They added quite a few shots to my score as a result - but I also tried some different shots than I normally would have if I was concerned about my score. Brian ended up shooting a 2 over round, which was pretty good given most of the pins were in the long positions.

I also picked up a disc for Dustin (and 150 gram Star Valk) as it was his birthday last week. I look forward to seeing how he throws it in the weeks ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home