Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Monday, February 20, 2006

Napa-tasterfy

It was Greg R. (aka Tiger Woods) birthday and so a group (Scotty, Dave, Brian, Greg and I) of us went to play in Napa. I have to say that my expectations got the better of me, as I thought I would be able to play closer to par or at least have as many pars as bogeys... but it was not to be, as Napa once again showed me for the inexperienced player I am. My round started off bad and only got worse.

Round One
4, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 3, 4, 4 = +12
4, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4 = +8
+20 Total - OMG!!


The shot above is of Scotty up a tree on #16 (I think) as his disc was wedged in the very top and by far the most wedged in between two branches that I have ever seen. Through some tremendous efforts, he was able to get it down.

The second round was a little bit of an improvement. I started to play damage control golf and if I had a bad tee shot or got a huge roll down the hill, I would just take my lumps and not try to get it back on the next shot but play it safe and lay-up.

Round Two
3, 4, 3, 6, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3 = +6
4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4 = +6
+12 Total - Yuck!

I still putted badly, but it was no worse than the rest of my game. I find once my rythem is off and my steps get off - I can't seem to figure out what is wrong and/or get back on track. That is difinately something I need to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home