Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Sunday, February 19, 2006

I Did It!!

I did it, I did it... I birdied #8!!!

It was not raining this afternoon, and so I decided to go out to throw and ended up meeting for a practice 9 with Scotty, Lane and their friend Todd (and were later joined by K.P.) and decided to played 18.

I started of ok, but after getting to +2 after 7, I needed to play better. I had a nice drive to just behind the last group of trees on #8, and decided to try my gum putter (to make sure I did not roll too far away). I threw it straight and hard at the basket, and wham, it went in for a 2!! It was an amazing shot that felt good as soon as it left my hand. K.P. said it looked good all the way, as he was standing near the basket, but on the road. It was nice to make such a long putt, and to also do it in front of friends so they know it was legit.

Unfortunately #8 got me back, as on the next trip around to complete my 18 - I took a 5 (because I needed a drop) and thus ended my round at +2. I really don't mind, as birding one of the toughest holes on the Moraga course is well worth it!! Below is my complete score.

Round
3, 3, 3, 4*, 4, 3, 3, 2**, 2*** = +0
3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 5****, 3 = +2 +2 Total

* - Landed right next to the basket with Gummy, only to roll completely down the hill
** - Yeah Baby!!! 40 ft. Birdie putt makes it all worth it!!
*** - Birdied from 10ft. to finish front 9 at even
**** - Threw it stright into the trees on the right of the road and had to take a drop - payback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home