Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Still struggling

I played with Nick from 3:30pm to dusk and we got in one round before he had to go. I am still struggling with my game, as I am holding on too long to some of my drives (causing them to go hard right and short), and adjusting to my new putter. The second nine holes I started to get it back together, only to have #8 bite me and push my round well over par. I would like to think I am a better player than my current double digit handicap would suggest... but if I don't start posting better scores (or doing more practicing) I may have to re-think that.

Round
5*, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4 = +7
3, 3, 3**, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 3 = +3 +10 Total

* Held on too tight and the drive went dead right into a tree
** Missed a 15 ft. putt uphill for birdie, my closest try all day

After Nick left I did some practice putting, and that was ugly. I may have to go back to "Gumby" or just figure out why I am pushing everything.

Finally, I had some good luck - As when I was getting ready to leave I decided to go and look for Greg's lost disc on #2 and found it and a disc of Scotty's as well. I think I could probably make a decent living finding Scotty's lost discs though... :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home