Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Saturday, January 07, 2006

First under-par 18!!

I went out and played with Scotty, JB and Laner and shot a one under for 18 holes. I was proud of the fact I was able to continue to play at that level for the entire second 9. after finishing at one under for the first nine. Below is how I shot the best round of my life.

Round One
2*, 2**, 3, 3, 3, 4***, 3, 3****, 3 = -1
* Had a drive straight at hole to 5 ft.
** Had a drive between trees but hole high
*** Great drive, but second shot rolled away 20 ft.
**** Great drive past last tree to 25 ft.

Round Two
3, 3, 3, 3*, 3, 4**, 2***, 3****, 3 = 0 Total = -1
* Drove past road to #7 had great "up" shot
** So So drive, and then overshot "up" shot to 20 ft.
*** Great drive to within 3 ft. behind hole (DX Eagle)
**** So So drive, "up" to within 10 ft. and made great putt

So needless to say I was very excited about my play. I threw my Star Sidewinder for most drives, and it was going straight and long. I tended to try and focus on smooth throws with 85% of my full force, and it seemed to work. I also started putting like Greg does (the feet spread method) from in close (10 ft or less) and that seemed to work really well. I can't wait to play again.

Also everyone seems excited about the web site and I need to try and finish it soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home