Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Napa Adventure

I went out and played Napa with "the Gregs"... (Greg, and "hippie" Greg) and it was quite an adventure. The course was tough, and very wooded. Many holes seemed as though there was no real way to get it close, but then one of the Greg's would park it and prove it could be done.

The first time I went around the first nine I was a million over and joked I was only count pars (which I had like 2 of). But from 9 on I kind of caught fire and had 2 birdies, including one that Greg said was a few feet from being an ace (see photo below). Greg actually had one that hit the chains and was almost a hole in one. It was amazing to watch. I ended up shooting like 1 or so over for that back nine, and thought I was on my way to pulling my game together.


Another Greg arrived and so we played the course again. I got off to a good start, but it was not to last, as I took a 9 (yes, a NINE!!!) on #4. I threw a bad tee shot and then, on the advice of the Greg's, threw again from the tee pad for my third shot which went to the left and into a tree only 100 ft. up the fairway. I was in a rush to play, and go find my first disc that I took 2 more shots just to get out into the fairway again - Yuck. In hindsight, I probably should have played from where my first drive was, but oh well live and learn.

The round just seemed to get worse from there and you can see my scores below. I just fell apart and got tired from climbing all the hills. I still had a lot of fun and think that playing harder courses helps improve a person's game, and figure out what you need to work on. For me that it is alot!! :D

Round Two
4, 2, 3, 9, 4, 3, 4, 4, 5 = +11
4, 3, 3, 3, X, 4, 4, 3, 4 = +15 Yikes!

X - We missed a hole and so did not complete 18, but played 1 again and I took a 5.

Oh and we saw some wild turkeys (see below).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home