Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Friday, December 09, 2005

Delaveaga Disc Golf Course


I finally had a chance to play Dela Disc Golf Course and it was challenging and fun. I was lucky enough to play with two really good players, and one of them (Matt) was on the board of the club and was telling about the latest meeting and some of the work being done on the course.


What I found interesting was the different throwing styles these guys had (see above). They used little or no run up and instead just stood in place and used just the upper body and arms to throw. This made for a very accurate, and surprising, amazing distance. Their discs just seem to float FOREVER down the hill. These guys had both been playing a long time and just made the throws look effortless - but I knew they weren't, the were just that much better than me.


As you will see the course is very tight and so you have to control not only the path of your disc, but its height as well. This is only the second course I have played and it made me realize how easy the Moraga course is. I had some good shots and putts, and my share of pars. But on the tougher holes my score went up substantially.



But overall it was great to play with these two guys and at such a different course. I want to try other ones now to get an appreciation of how tough this one is by comparison. There were a few holes (13-16) that I could not play (as they were being repaired) and I ran out of time before I could play #27 "top of the world", but that will just give me something new to experience next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home