Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Almost par...

I played a sort of practice round with Scotty, Greg, JB, and a few other guys. I started with just Scotty, but after 3 par'd holes, we met up with Greg and JB and played #2, and #3 again, before continuing on with our round. I was throwing pretty well, and my approach shots seemed to be sticking close to the pins. I made some great long putts on #2, and then #3 to stay at par. On #4, I threw a tomahawk over the tree that nearly went into the basket for a birdie, but was a tap-in par. In fact, I ended up parring every hole, except #8.

It was getting very dark, as we started kind of late (~ 4:30 PM), and my drive went high up the bank of trees and almost on the dog deck. I threw clear of the trees, but just had one tired throw after another and just gave up. I did par the final hole, so don't know what I would have really shot for the round - as I quit on #8 after 4 throws.

It was still great to throw so well for the majority of the round. On #6, I had a huge (for me) drive, and landed way out in the meadow, in "big boy" country with Scotty and Greg. I hope I can continue to improve and throw like this consistently. I can then start to play other more challenging courses without losing all my discs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home