Scoots Disc Golf-O-Rama

Friday, April 20, 2007

LA Disc Golf

While on vacation, I played the La Mirada Disc Golf course (see below). It was a really nice course, with all nice mowed grass and only modest obstacles, but was still challenging.

It is where they hold the Golden State Classic which is coming up in a few weeks (May 4th-6th) as well as Southern California championships. In fact I saw Steve Rico while I was there. He is a small guy with a BIG arm. I only got to play a few holes before it started to really rain, but what I did play I really liked (plus I was one under)... I hope to get more chances to play other courses like this over the coming months.

While I was there I picked up the discs above. The yellow one is a SL Champion (169 grams) and the orange one is a Tee-Rex X (171 grams) and is suppose be a bit more stable than the regular Tee-Rex (although the manager of the shop said that it didn't turn out to be that way in the Champion version - which is ok by me as I like the Star Tee-Rex I have now and was looking for a back-up) and I really liked the Golden State stamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home